Saturday, August 20, 2011

Yoga Brain and the Right Arm Buffet

Just as a heads up I will upload pictures when I have enough brain power to remember to bring it one of these days, until then I will post my older India pictures just to spice the page up, even if there is no rhyme or reason to them.


Deceased Indian Butterfly
See what I mean? No rhyme, no reason. Now back to the good stuff.

While abroad I'm doing my best to experiencing new things, like getting up early in the morning. So to keep my promise, I've have enrolled in a yoga class that meets at 6am which means I am out and about at a time of the day that a previous Brie would not even be able to conceive.

I will say that due to my years of dance and general flimsiness, I'm pretty good at yoga-like body positions. So everyday at the butt crack I trek up the hill where our Yogi gradually unveils the mystery that is the art of body and mind control while excusing our unclean feet.

On the outside I seemed like a calm and collected student of the art, and I was for the most part, but I will uncover the progressive thoughts that crowded my mind during my first yoga session. Caution, curse words will be in abundance.


Breathe in through the nose.......breathe out through the nose........breathe in.....breath out........
This is pretty easy. OK, chair pose, simple dimple.......Wow, I can't believe I'm actually in India doing yoga in the morning with a Yogi........this is the most rewarding experience. I'm so glad am able to do this. this is probably the best moment of my life......backward bending.....I can do this......breathe in..... this is so great and its .......breathe out.....really helping me feel connected to my currently location and I feel immersed in the culture....breathe in.......release.......OK lay down pose.....just relax for a moment........I have never felt so peaceful in my life.........breathe in.............ouch, I just got bit by a mosquito......it's okay though, I am controlling my body and my mind.............breathe out......


..........Ok its really starting to burn........I'll assess the damage when we get up............breathe in......I think we have been in the pose for a while........... I think there are several
mosquitoes feasting on my right arm......... breath out..........
I'm just going to look at it to see if its just in my head......breathe in.....


 HOLY SH*T there are like 7 mosquitoes on my arm.........breathe out........where is the Yogi? Can I remove these blood suckers from my arm before I am left with a raisin?..........breathe in......SON OF A B*TCH THIS IS RIDICULOUS.........HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO RELAX WHEN I AM BEING EATEN ALIVE? WHERE IS THE YOGI!?!?!?!?!........mild panting........just control your mind and bod-DID I JUST GET BIT AGAIN!?! THESE LITTLE B*STARDS ARE GONNA BE THE DEATH OF ME....... moderate silent panting....... let me just see where the Yogi is and ask him to go to the res - WHERE THE H*LL IS HE???? I CAN'T TAKE THIS SH*T I gotta BOLT IT OUTTA HERE........silent heavy breathing......



And then I wore a impenetrable layer of bug spray from that day on. 


No comments:

Post a Comment